Friday 28 October 2011

Today's Review: Waiting In For Couriers

We sold some stuff on eBay last week, something that normally fills me with some sense of dread. There's the taking pictures and listing, which I guess is never really too bad, but then there's also the inevitable questions about some insignificant detail of the item, or whether you can ship it to some country you've hardly heard of, and provide the price right away. Still, it's all bearable. The real pain comes with the packaging and sending. Most small items go in a jiffy bag and straight to the post office, no problem. But when there's something big and Royal Mail will probably charge you a fortune, it's worth going online and booking a courier.

But here's the thing. We had a collection booked for yesterday, they could have turned up anytime from 7am to 6pm. They didn't, at all. So of course, we complained, and were told we would have pickup today, and a request sent for a collection as early as possible. This was good, as we were planning to have a family day out somewhere, our last chance this week.

Well, they didn't turn up until 6pm. I guess that request was met with a "Nah, screw that". I really don't understand why we, as an advanced people, need to give up our entire days to wait around for package collection and delivery. First world problem, I know, but it's a prevalent one. You'd think with today's technology we could be given a more precise time. Hell, we could even be given an online map that tracks the vehicle's location and sends you a message when it's en route to your house. But no, we're stuck sitting indoors, twitching the curtains at the slightest van-like noise. It's just archaic.

So another day was wasted. At least they picked it up this time, but it still annoyed the hell out of me. There are so many ways deliveries and things could be made better, but everyone just seems to be unwilling to make any changes. I don't know, maybe I'm talking out of my ass and it's technically impossible, but in this day and age I refuse to believe it. So come on people, make it better. I'm tired of waiting.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment