Friday 11 November 2011

Today's Review: Pizza Hut's Crown Crust


Pizza Hut have dabbled in different crusts before. There's been the garlic butter stuffed crust, which was a bit too garlicy, and the pepperoni stuffed crust which was actually pretty good. I guess they want to continue the trend with their new crust.
Not content with putting melted cheese, garlic and one kind of pizza topping in a pizza crust, Pizza Hut have decided to work their way through the menu apparently. So embedded in the edge of your Crown Crust pizza are several meatballs. It's not all meaty though, because these crusty pockets alternate between that and garlic butter. I'm not quite sure why it's called "Crown Crust". I assume it's because it looks like a crown, but if someone actually wore a crown filled with meatballs and garlic then there's probably something really wrong with them. Plus their head smells bad. I think a more appropriate name would be "Crusterfuck".

I get what Pizza Hut are trying to do, and the stuff inside the crust does taste good. But do I really want all this in my crust? Even if putting meatballs and garlic together doesn't end up a disaster, is it really necessary? What's next? Putting an entire pizza inside the edge of your pizza? So while indeed it is quite nice, I think I'll be sticking with regular cheesy stuffed crust from now on.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment