Thursday 1 December 2011

Today's Review: Eating Really Hot Food Quickly

I was travelling home from Kent this evening, and I was quite hungry. In absence of a Burger King, and not really in the mood for Upper Crust, I settled on a pasty. A steak and stilton pasty to be precise. The smelliest cheeses always taste the best.

But therein lies the problem. I was hungry, the pasty was hot, and I was about to get on the tube. I've seen all those adverts dotted around the place telling me not to eat smelly food. Would I really face the scorn of other passengers for tucking into something containing potent cheese? Thankfully the next tube wasn't for eight minutes, so it was on.

I ate that bad boy right up, but quite slowly. In normal circumstances it would have been gone in a couple of minutes, but it almost took me the whole eight. The complicating factor, of course, was that the pasty was as hot as the surface of the sun. It was probably a bad idea to tuck in. I could have waited, my hunger would have built, certainly, but the pay off would have been better. Instead I burnt my tongue, and didn't really get to enjoy the flavour since every bite was accompanied by a certain amount of pain. 

Eating really hot food is certainly not enjoyable, so just wait, people. No matter how tasty something might look, losing layers of skin kind of dampens the experience.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment