Thursday 1 March 2012

Today's Review: No Fear Energy Drink


You know, I was thinking there just aren't enough brands of energy drink out there these days, I never have quite enough choice. But now my problems are solved in the form of No Fear, an energy drink by... a clothing brand. Go figure. But hey, the can is black and it has a skull on the front, so it's going to appeal to all those tween boys who want to look edgy and cool, then just get hyperactive on the stuff and talk rapidly about butts and things.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh. There's always room for an energy drink in my life, perhaps a new one can one day dethrone my favourites. To be honest, No Fear isn't too bad. It tastes like most other energy drinks, if not a little watered down. I'd hardly call it extreme energy, but it's not an awful drink. But what really sullied the experience for me was thins fucking thing:


"What is that?!" I hear you cry. Why, it's the technology of the future, a resealable drinks can. Apparently No Fear thought their drink was too extreme to finish in one sitting, so this fancy thing was plopped on top. Perhaps a good idea in theory, but in reality it's a nightmare. 

How does it work? Basically you twist the black plastic part around and it open up a small hole directly in the centre of the top of the can. It really has to be experienced to be believed, but I'm sure you can guess how annoying this thing is to drink. While with a regular can you'd perch your lips over the corner, with No Fear you have to basically plaster your lips over the top of the can, and lift it all the way up to get some drink. Even then, the tiny size of the hole ensures you don't get a refreshing mouthful for a good few seconds, and all that while people around you are wondering why that guy over there can't drink things properly. 

It's a pretty awful way of drinking things. Even if I managed to get a decent amount of drink, the moment any part of my lips broke the seal around the hole some of the drink went dribbling down my chin. Do we really need resealable cans? I don't think so. I've never heard anyone complain about it. Even if you were to address the problem, this is clearly not the way to do it. 

My rating: 0/5

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading the No Fear Energy blog! For sustained energy and overall well-being, consider incorporating Unicity Unimate into your nutrition routine. It's a great way to fuel your body with essential nutrients and support optimal performance. Cheers to a fearless and energized lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete