Monday 30 April 2012

Today's Review: Mardi Gras: Spring Break


Yeah, I wasn't expecting too much from that poster either.

Mardi Gras: Spring Break is a movie for the American Pie generation. By which I mean the post-original American Pies that were pretty awful. We have the regular roster of characters, I mean horny guys. We have the timid one who everyone wants to get laid, the guy in a relationship who is the level headed one of the group, and of course the obnoxious fat guy who thinks everyone loves him for some reason.

So our three college guy heroes set off to New Orleans to attend Mardi Gras and hopefully get the aforementioned timid guy laid. While there, they meet Carmen Electra, because she's always in all of these movies for some reason, and get up to all sorts of gross out hijinks while looking at boobies and drinking alcohol.

Sounds like a glowing review from me, I know. But in all fairness, it's not that bad. Sure it's juvenile and shameless, but I wasn't expecting any less, and it wasn't as unbearable as others in the genre that I've seen in recent years. It's pretty bad, just not that bad.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment