Saturday 14 July 2012

Today's Review: Rowntree's Rock Pool




Quick, come up with a theme for a packet of sweets. Time's up. Did you get something that Haribo haven't done already. I chose space. Well, it's a hell of a lot less weird than basing a line of sweets on rock pools.

Yes, rock pools, those things that kids love sifting through on TV that I never did. Does that make me the minority? Probably, and perhaps I'm missing out on the nostalgia trip that this bag can give me. Just look at all the stuff you get in there:


Seagull! Sea shells! Crab! Jellyfish! A bucket and spade! Also, not pictured, fish! If only I'd gone rock pool fishing as a boy, I could be reliving the moments when I picked out wonderful flora and fauna and... ate it?

Okay, yes, it's a weird theme. But it's quirky, and makes for some fun shapes, so I'm down with that. They taste pretty good too. Certainly more juicy than Haribo, but they do contain 25% fruit juice. THey have a soft, almost jelly like consistency that makes them a pleasure to chew, I just think the flavour needs toning down a bit, it's a little too intense for me. I can't wait for the next themed bag, my bet's on spelunking.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment