Wednesday 8 August 2012

Today's Review: Silica Gel


Ah, silica gel. Where would we be without it? Probably in the same place, but with slightly damper shoes. I'm not reviewing silica gel for its useful abilities inside my show boxes. It has other uses to me. Any time I think about how we as humans have advanced as a species, how intelligence and innovation are some of our key qualities, all I have to do is think of a packet of silica gel to remind me there are still some really stupid people out there.

What else does it say on the packet apart from "silica gel"? "Do not eat" of course. This implies one thing. That someone once bought a pair of shoes, cracked open the box, saw an unknown substance nestled between his new footwear, and thought "You know what? I bet that's delicious". Hours later, lying in hospital, gravely ill from the moisture that this substance absorbed from him, they asked why the hell he would eat silica gel. His only reply? "Well, it didn't tell me not to eat it. So now we have to be reminded which things are probably not good to eat, because we can't figure that shit out on our own.

Do you feel pride in the human race? Then take a gander at a pack of silica gel. Guaranteed to instantly humble you.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment