Friday 21 September 2012

Today's Review: Not Winning The Lottery

I don't normally play the lottery, but I sure did today. You see, I figured that having several million pounds would probably be a good thing, and as they say, you've got to be in it to win it.

So I popped into a newsagent and marked the "lucky dip" box, because in my mind I'm more likely to win through a series of randomly generated numbers not affected by fate or destiny than through a series of planned numbers not affected by fate or destiny. I attempted to think to myself that I was in with a good chance of winning, but then I realised that machines that spew balls out don't absorb the collective human consciousness. Or if they do they're only feeding it to the Skynet central mainframe.

Long story short, I checked the number after work and I hadn't won millions of pounds. So what was the point? I just wasted money. You'd think they'd at least chuck me a few thousand for taking part, but no, nothing at all. People do this every week? It must be entirely disappointing depressing for them.

I don't normally play the lottery, but when I do, I don't win.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment