Wednesday 31 October 2012

Today's Review: The Person Who Has Been Running Their Car Engine Outside My Window For An Hour

It started out as just a noise. There I was in the living room, and over the hum of the boiler, the whir of the XBox, there came another. I couldn't describe it at the time, I thought it was one of my electronics performing awkwardly. But as I moved into my bedroom I realised it was coming from outside. From a car parked on the driveway right outside my windows.

But it's not parked like an average car, no, the engine is running, and the resulting noise can be heard from any given point in my flat. At first it was annoying. Then it was very annoying. Now it is maddening. The engine has been running for an hour. Why? Why would you do that? Does this person not have any concern for fuel conservation, let alone how annoying it is for me to have to listen to this consistent revving, rattling noise? If your car is parked in a certain spot for a certain amount of time, it's just common sense to turn the damn engine off, and there are two people in there who have been having a conversation for some time. I mean, sure, they may want to stay warm in this cold weather, but as far as I know you can activate all of that stuff without having the engine rev up. 

It's not just the noise that's driving me crazy now, it's my inability to understand what is going through this person's mind. There is no rational reason why I am being made to suffer this torture, why these people think the best place to converse is by sitting in a driveway in a car that is eating fuel and spewing it into the atmosphere. I know I may sound petty, but this has really gotten to me, and it's showing no signs of stopping. It's simply maddening.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment