Tuesday 23 October 2012

Today's Review: Unconsciously Turning Off Your Alarm

Whenever I have to do the school run in the mornings, I set my alarm for 7:15, giving me half an hour of snooze time before I have to kick myself out of bed. Whenever I hear the dulcet tones of the alarm, which have become more tones of annoyance to me, I just need to reach over and tap the snooze. It consistently works. Well, apart from today.

Today I woke up at 8:55, a full five minutes before school started. What happened? Did I forget to set an alarm? No, I distinctly remember doing that before crawling into bed. So obviously at some point my alarm went off, and without even being consciously aware of it, my brain decided the best thing to do was to turn it off completely. Or maybe I deactivated it before the first chimes. I don't know exactly what happened, all I know is that my brain decided to be a douche. So in future I have to set more than one alarm just because I don't know if I can trust my sleeping self anymore. So yes, unconsciously turning off your alarm is not something I'd recommend. Though I don't see how you can stop it. You have been warned.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment