Wednesday 3 October 2012

Today's Review: Vanilla Charleston Chew


I like to eat as many American candies as possible, so when I watch or listen to something that references a candy bar I can finally "get it". Obviously having eaten a Charleston Chew I can really relate to Eminem in Forgot About Dre. Well, it's been a while since I had me a chocolatey, chewy Charleston, but this time I found a vanilla one.

It's quite a different experience. While the original is all about the chocolate, this packs a significantly different flavour. The box proudly states it's artificially flavoured, and it sure tastes like it. It's certainly a very unnatural vanilla, not that that's all bad. It's extremely sweet, and although it gets quite sharp towards the end, the combination with the chocolate coating makes for a pretty decent tasting bar. Not as good as the original, but a good effort.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment