Saturday 10 November 2012

Today's Review: Wonka's Watermelon Laffy Taffy


The Wonka company have done pretty well for themselves. Instead of focusing too much on the chocolate aspect so associated with old Willy, they've managed to introduce some pretty delicious treats to the sweet market. Nerds, Runts, Sweetarts, all good stuff. But here we have Laffy Taffy, which I hadn't seen around before today.

Laffy Taffy is basically a bar of taffy. Much like the chewy Refresher or Maoam bars you see around supermarkets and newsagents in the UK, but a lot more stretchy and chewy. Laffy Taffy comes in a number of flavours, but I went with watermelon, as it's one of those American flavours that I love. The flavour is certainly very intense. Coinciding with that fact that the bar is mostly corn syrup, eating Laffy Taffy is a somewhat sickly experience. But the soft, chewy texture is nice and I found myself polishing off the bar with no problem. It's very nice, but a little too sickly to get full marks from me.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment