Friday 30 November 2012

Today's Review: Mopping

I've touched upon how much I like having laminate flooring before. If I had carpets all around the place they'd be dirty and matted right now, but with laminate I can just sweep stuff up, or mop up any stains. It's all good stuff, apart from one thing: I hate mopping.

Sweeping is fine. There are bits of food, rubbish, dust, or whatever, you just sweep it up with a broom and dump it in the bin. But sometimes those things don't come off the floor. Sometimes there's a stubborn stain that won't come off, and then you have to bust out the mop. Not just the mop, but a bucket of soapy water that you will then wipe all over the laminate flooring, making it even more slippery than before.

Sure, running a mop over the floor a few times isn't all that bad, but it's when you get to those stuck on bits of dirt that annoys me. Once the mopping has been done, these little bits are free to roll around the place, taunting me with their "sweep me up now, bitch!" Then there's those stains that won't come off, you need to scrub over and over, and then probably get down on your hands and knees and pick it off anyway. Once I've hit enough of these annoyances in one room. I just want to give up. But even if I do that, the floor's wet, and it's all uncomfortable to walk on, so I'm left with a half wet, half dirty room with no desire to clean anymore. Mopping sucks.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment