Wednesday 30 January 2013

Today's Review: Red Bull Red, Silver And Blue Editions


With all these Monsters, Relentlesses, and various other energy drinks that I've imbibed, it's easy to forget the energy drink that started it all for me, Red Bull. It was the only real energy drink I could find for a while, and it will always have a place in my heart, even though the tiny cans for expensive prices put me off nowadays.

But now Red Bull have decided to join the flavour game, coming out with these three special editions that promise the flavour of various fruits, with the effect of Red Bull. We have red for cranberry, blue for blueberry, and silver for lime, because limes are silver and everyone knows that.

I must say I wasn't expecting too much, but the flavours are actually very nice. They mask the pure energy drink taste very nicely, and actually taste like the fruits they're supposed to. While blueberry was definitely my favourite flavour, I think the cranberry more accurately matches the taste of the fruit (or fruit juice) itself. But really, they all taste good, and I've certainly woken up a little from drinking them, so I guess the Red Bull effect is preserved despite them tasting all fruity. So give them a try, though I wouldn't recommend drinking all three flavours in the space of a few hours. I'm not sure when I'll sleep.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment