Friday 1 February 2013

Today's Review: Andrex's "Scrunch Or Fold?" Campaign


Let's imagine you work in the toilet paper marketing department. For years you've created adverts about how soft and quilted your brand of paper feels when it's wiped on your corn hole, and how all those weird plant infusions are good for your anus. Things are getting a little bland and unoriginal. How do you put the pizzaz back in the loo roll advertising? Andrex clearly had that problem, so they've decided to set up a national campaign to find out just how people wipe their arses.

So this is the slogan adorning packets of toilet paper, the eternal question of whether you scrunch or fold your toilet paper before you use it to mop up excrement. I can only assume that once the results are in for this, they'll move onto asking which hand people wipe with, or whether they do it standing or sitting (yes, that is a divided issue). I mean, really, who thought of this? Who thought it would be a good idea? Can't we just market toilet paper purely on the fact that using it means you don't get skidmarks in your underwear? That's enough to make me buy it.

To be honest, it has gotten me talking about it, but only in the way that I sarcastically pointed the slogan out to my coworkers before engaging in a brief conversation that ended with, I assume, both of us feeling awkward and wishing we knew less about each other's toilet habits. But hey, any publicity is good publicity, even if a company wants to know which form your waste-covered tissues are. But I certainly don't like it. It's creepy and weird. Sure, it's charming if the Andrex puppy asks, but I'd probably be arrested if I went around asking people of my own volition.

My rating: 1/5

11 comments:

  1. Saw it for the first time last night and I'm stunned that an advertising company came up with this creative. I don't have a brand preference for bog roll (I have better things to do, along with not giving a toss if I fold or scrunch) but I will be giving Andrex a wide berth from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's weird & gross. Why do they care? I definitely wont be buying packs with that weird question on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is very weird

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really weird and everyone has their own way to do the stuff. Why someone needed to question their bathroom habits for marketing purposes? I don't think so it's necessary. You never change someones mind if they fold or scrunch as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really very awkward!! I must go against sharing my purposes..lol:(

    Caroline
    Blogger at: Sweet Bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful information. I will must share this post.

    Andrew
    Blogger at:Reviews Classic

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very informative and great post as well. Don't why people against this content. I can't find out any fault. Great job !! I will sure share this post in my personal social areas !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is certainly really stunning information. My goal is to must reveal this publish. Thanks for fantastic article and also sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear, your post has one thing that caught my attention! Its information is more useful than many other articles on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a famous question, which the masses have asked: The first answer to this question is very simple: it's free, why not take advantage of it? More seriously, Google Drive is a great way to get yourself benefited from an optimistic Cloud, which has huge benefits.

    The main thing, of course, is never to lose your files. If your smartphone dies or is stolen, your important files will never be lost. There's also security: with two-step authentication for Google accounts, it's almost impossible for a stranger to steal your data.

    And finally, your files are accessible everywhere. You can use Google Drive on your PC to sync your files, edit your documents directly, and find them instantly on your mobile effortlessly
    https://handicareintl.org/blog/en/google-drive/

    ReplyDelete