Saturday 16 February 2013

Today's Review: KFC's 2 Hot 4 U Dip


What a crappy picture. Apparently my iPhone is not good at focusing anymore. Anyway, KFC have changed the layout of their buckets, which really threw me off. Instead of Popcorn Chicken with the variety bucket, you get hot wings. Crazy. But one addition is their line of dips that they're very proud about, seeing as there's some form of dip menu on every surface. I've never been offered dips with my variety bucket before, but this time I was. After choosing a bland selection, I realised my mistake when I saw that they were offering a "2 Hot 4 U" option, and since they used shorthand it really appealed to me as a young person. So I asked if I could swap one of my dips, and as if to challenge me the lady gave me two. Joke's on her, I love the hot sauce.

In short, though, it was not too hot for me. I certainly started to feel the burn after emptying both pots, but it was nothing unbearable. I am quite accustomed to hot stuff though, so maybe my body is a bit biased. What I can say is that it's actually quite delicious. It manages to be quite sweet while retaining the heat, and has quite a distinct flavour. The closest thing I could compare it to was eating a Taco Bell. So yes, this dip is not too hot for me, and it's probably not too hot for a lot of people, but it certainly is nice.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment