Sunday 28 April 2013

Today's Review: Finding A Cut You Didn't Know You Had

We've all cut ourselves at some point in our lives. Cuts happen, because our flesh is weak and other things are sharp and unforgiving. But when an object slices through our skin, the pain is normally pretty immediate, allowing us to quickly stem any bleeding and get it covered up to avoid further pain. Unless it's a particularly bad cut, in which case your body might see passing out as the only option.

Cuts suck, but the ones that suck the most are the ones you don't notice. Sometimes I'll find a spit of blood somewhere, and after a quick reassurance from my brain that it doesn't remember anyone bleeding on me lately, I will search my own body and discover that my flesh has been carved in twain (bit of a dramatic description of a small cut, but there you go). Sometimes there is no blood, I mght find a piece of skin hanging off somewhere, or discover I can open my finger in new and interesting ways. But no matter what, the result is always the same. While the cut never hurt before, as soon as you notice it the pain begins. It's like a stealth cut, sneaking up on you and then bludgeoning you as soon as you turn around. So while these kind of cuts are pretty tame compared to others you can suffer, they're still up there with the worst.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment