Wednesday 24 April 2013

Today's Review: Blueberries


Less than 50% of those blueberries are actually blue. Get it together, blueberry plant.

Yes, I've recently started enjoying portions of blueberries. They probably wouldn't be my fruit of choice, but they have a relatively low amount of carbs compared to others, so I was all over that idea. Thankfully they don't taste like crap either. Unlike most berries I've tried, be they straw, black or rasp, blueberries don't really have that sour taste to them.There's a hint of it, but not enough to make eating them an unpleasant experience. Unfortunately, the overall flavour, while pretty sweet, is a little bland and dry, but adding a little double cream to the bowl really livens things up.

So yes, I enjoy blueberries. They may not be the most flavoursome of berries, but they are juicy little morsels of sweetness. Plus they're one of the few naturally occurring blue foods, so that's gotta count for something.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment