Monday 8 April 2013

Today's Review: The Doritos "Bring The Party To The Party" Slogan

Whilst putting out the crisp related products at work today, I noticed a nice little slogan on the Doritos, telling me to "bring the party to the party". A simple command at first thought, but as I pondered, the more questions were raised. 

How does one bring a party to a party? If the party requires the party to be brought in order to be identified as a party, it cannot be classified as a party in the first place, ergo there is no party to bring the party to. Philosophy aside, I think it's pretty clear that my party cannot be considered a party until I have some Doritos, it's not going to be a very good party. Have you ever been to a party where the focus of attention and excitement is on some chips and dip? If so I feel sorry for you. Even if you really like chips and dip.

So sorry, Doritos, but I'm not liking your slogan. I think you should go for something that doesn't make you sound so full of yourself, like "Bring the heat/cool to the party" (adjusted for product flavour), or even just "Bring Doritos to the party and it'll probably get slightly better, because people like Doritos" Yeah, that's catchy.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment