Saturday 1 June 2013

Today's Review: Great Ormond Street Hotel (GOSH)

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a letter from the fine establishment of GOSH, inviting my newborn daughter for a sleep study, meaning I could accompany her and have a free nights stay in London. Fantastic. But as I arrived I saw that this hotel is really quite strange.

First of all, the different room sections are called "wards" for some reason, and while I'm pleased to be in room 1 of my "ward", it really doesn't look like your average hotel room. There's no en suite bathroom, and not even a kettle. I have to use the shared toilet and kitchen like some kind of hostel dweller. There is a sink in my room, but no toiletries are provided, and the walls seem to be lined with various kinds of medical equipment. Very odd.

Oh well, at least I have my own fridge, and thankfully I brought food fore and my daughter. There's a TV too, but apart from the regular terrestrial channels the only selection is a bunch of kids TV. Again, quite odd, but I don't mind all that much. 

It's the traffic that bothers me the most I suppose. My door has see through panels, and I can't lock it, so I can hear and see the large amount of people walking around all the time. I also get people coming in every hour to see how we're doing. Great customer service,
I'm sure, but a bit too much for me.

Overall, the Great Ormond Street Hotel is a strange sort. I certainly can't complain, because my stay is free, but it just seems more like a hospital to me. Oh, wait...

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment