Tuesday 17 September 2013

Today's Review: Tesco Chocolatey Summer Fruits


Summer may be over, but that certainly won't stop me indulging in some summer themed foods. I was pleased to see another quite original Tesco sweet product in the form of these chocolate covered summer fruits. The bag consists of dark, milk and white chocolate covered freeze-dried raspberries, strawberries and cherries. Three types of chocolate and three types of fruit in one bag? Sounds good to me.


So there's the breakdown for you. The white chocolate covers strawberries, the dark raspberries, and the milk cherries. Unfortunately there's no variation, each type of chocolate belongs to one type of fruit. I would have quite liked to see the other combinations in action. As for how these taste, they're pretty nice. The chocolate is thick and flavoursome, although I must admit I'm not generally a fan of dark chocolate. The innards certainly pack a very sweet punch. I'm not really keen on freeze dried fruits, and these ones certainly aren't perfect but paired with the chocolate it's an altogether sweet experience, one flavour doesn't overpower the other. 

This is another neat idea from Tesco, and is pulled off generally quite well. I just wish there was more of a mix up between the different flavours, so I don't have to wade through bitter dark chocolate to get to all the raspberries. But hey, these are still worth a try.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment