Friday 25 October 2013

Today's Review: Häagen-Dazs Salted Caramel


When it comes to pint tubs of ice cream, I'm afraid my heart is mostly with Ben, Jerry and their wacky flavours. However, Häagen-Dazs have swayed me in the past with some interesting limited edition flavours, and I couldn't pass up this new one when I spotted it the other day. This salted caramel boasts salted caramel swirls through caramel ice cream, with caramel pieces thrown in for good measure. Yes. that's a lot of caramel, but what more would you expect from a caramel flavour?

Despite this being called "Salted Caramel", I must say that salt wasn't one of the first things I tasted, not that I minded. The ice cream is as smooth and creamy as Häagen-Dazs always is, and the swirls add a lovely sweet flavour. The pieces are absolutely fantastic, generous, brittle chunks of butterscotchy goodness. It's after the sweetness of all the elements starts to subside that the saltiness turns up and adds a lovely finish. Nothing is too overwhelming, it's just an overall decadent caramel experience.

This is definitely a fantastic flavour, definitely the best Häagen-Dazs that I've tried in a while. If you like your caramel, this is the perfect choice.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment