Monday 11 November 2013

Today's Review: Voss Water


Humans need water, that's undeniable. If we don't get enough water, we'll die, and we have to drink quite a lot of it to stay healthy. Fortunately, those of us in developed countries have a limitless supply on tap. But who wants regular, boring, mere life-saving water? What if we want a higher class of water that we can throw our money at? Well, Voss have you covered.

This bottle of water set me back £1.45. That's £3.86 per litre, for water. Sure, it comes in a funky glass bottle, but why the hell does water cost this much? Well, it's super pure, apparently, pulled up from an underground layer of sand and rock that bears water. It's naturally filtered and extremely low in minerals, so needless to say I was expecting the most amazing bottle of water I've ever tasted in my life.

Well, it certainly tastes like water. Very nice water, yes, but still water. I've never been one to be able to discern the purity of water, in fact I rarely drink just water, I find it quite bland and tasteless. But nevertheless, Voss does have a clean, crisp taste, perhaps not significantly more so than other mineral waters I've tried, but it's good. I certainly won't buy it again though. As good as it may be, it's certainly not worth the price. After all, it's just water.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment