Friday 20 December 2013

Today's Review: Dairy Milk Black Forest


Christmas may be fast approaching, but I paid a visit to Cyber Candy yesterday, so that's what I'll be talking about for the next few days. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get a bit more festive closer to the date. But today I'll review the Black Forest Dairy Milk bar, and some parts of the Black Forest are snowy, so that's pretty Christmassy, right?

Yes, despite the crazy amount of Dairy Milk varieties that have flooded UK stores this year, there are still some flavours floating around internationally that just can't be found here. Black Forest is one of them. It's the size of your standard Dairy Milk bar, and contains cherry jelly and biscuit pieces. Sound nice, right?


Unfortunately, it's not so good. The chocolate is as nice as ever, but the thing I wasn't crazy about with this bar was the jelly. It's much like the pieces in the Marvellous Creations Jelly Popping Candy bar, quite flavoursome at first, but it's quickly evident how chewy these pieces are, and once the chocolate has melted away you're just left with some slightly bland, chewy gunk. The biscuit pieces are pretty nice, but they're just not as prevalent as the jelly, making this a bit of an uneven bar. I probably wouldn't try it again, especially as the Dairy Milk Tiffin bar is much more agreeable. If you're a fan of the Jelly Popping Candy bar though (a lot of people are for some reason), this one is definitely worth seeking out.

My rating: 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment