Friday 17 January 2014

Today's Review: Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Milk


I've been on the lookout for low carb snacks and drinks to make my diet less monotonous, and I finally perused the "alternative" milks on offer in Tesco. For those who want to drink milk, but can't or won't drink milk, don't worry, because there are plenty of milks that aren't made from milk. Makes sense right? Well, apparently so, because you can get soya milk, rice milk, hemp milk, and of course the above, almond milk. This was the lowest carb option of all, especially as it's unsweetened. Perfect for my diet, but surely milk-free milk with no sweeteners is not a nice thing to drink?

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this milk. Looking at the ingredients, it's mostly spring water, with only 2% almonds, but it still manages to have a distinctly nutty, yet somehow creamy flavour. It's not very sweet, and tastes a little watered down, but it's certainly sweet enough for me. It's low calorie, low carb, pretty much low everything, but it's still a nice change from water, and will actually give a nice calcium boost. This certainly doesn't beat good old cow's milk, but if you can't drink that, or just fancy a nice, healthy alternative, you can't go wrong with this one. Unless you're allergic to almonds...

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment