Saturday 4 January 2014

Today's Review: Tesco Soft Eating Mango Liquorice


Tesco have brought out some interesting sweets lately, and while I was there today I spotted this new bag. I'm not normally a fan of liquorice, although I do like the strawberry variety. I can't say I've ever tried mango liquorice, so I definitely had to pick it up.

The strange thing about mango is that while I like sweets and juices that are mango flavoured, I'm not a fan of the fruit itself. It has a strange, chalky texture that overwhelms the sweetness, and it doesn't sit right with me. So while I was expecting to find a much sweeter flavour in this liquorice, I was very surprised to find that it tastes almost exactly like the fruit, even down to the chalkiness. While that did lessen the experience for me, this liquorice is very moreish. It's fantastically chewy, and while the aftertaste wasn't great for me, if you're a fan of the fruit then you'll definitely enjoy chewing your way through one of these bags. Another novel sweet idea from Tesco, and while it's not fully to my liking, it's done really well.

My rating: 4/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment