Wednesday 5 March 2014

Today's Review: Having An Itch On Your Back That You Can't Scratch

Life is full of annoyances, both large and small. Every person has a unique set of things that put them on edge and makes them mad, and no one's annoyance lists are the same. But there is one thing that I'm sure everyone finds annoying, something that everyone can understand and unequivocally hate. That thing is having an itch on your back that you can't scratch.

Itches in themselves are pretty annoying, but once you send your fingernails over to negotiate it's over pretty soon. The trouble is, there's that one point on your back that you can't quite comfortably reach, no matter which way you bend. If you want to scratch and itch there you have to twist and turn in the wind like a maniac, hoping your finger catches the right spot and scratches with enough vigour and intensity to bring you peace. It's either that or searching out a tree or a brick wall to rub against. Either way you'll look like a fool.

This situation highlights two things that are very wrong with our bodies. First of all, why do we have just one spot that we can't touch properly? Every other part of our bodies can be touched with minimal effort, so why do we have this blind spot on our backs that is doomed to live in isolation? Secondly, why does it itch so much? Does my brain suddenly decide that it wants me to do some stretches, or does it simply want to torture me? Either way, having an itchy back is one of the worst things about being a human being. That may sound like an exaggeration, but it's not. Everyone hates having that one itchy part of their back, and they're right to do so. Bust out your backscratchers, people, this annoyance is one that's going to stick around forever.

My rating: 0/5

3 comments:

  1. I don't have a spot on my back I can't scratch easily, but then my back never itches so this incredible power goes unused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are truly a gifted individual. You should use your powers for the benefit of mankind. Not that I know how that would in any way benefit mankind, but still.

      Delete
    2. I too can scratch anywhere on my back. I have long limbs in relation to my body which probably helps.

      Delete