Thursday 20 March 2014

Today's Review: Rowntree's Randoms Sweet 'N' Sour


I've never really been a big fan of Randoms. I have nothing against them in particular, it's just if I were going for chewy sweets I'd probably choose some Haribo or some of the classics like Fruit Pastilles and Wine Gums. But that won't stop me trying a new variety of Randoms, and I certainly didn't want to pass up these sweet and sour ones. Sadly, they're not sweet and sour like the sauce, although while that would be interesting, it would also be disgusting. Instead, we have a few sour sugar coated pieces mixed in with the sweet ones. 


Hey, look, an ice cream, a chicken leg, a car, and a lady! How random. Which I guess is the point. The gigantic sweeties on the right are the regular foamy sweet types you'd find in a regular packet, while all the others are sour. I was hoping there'd be a bit more variety in here, perhaps some regular sweet gummies mixed in with the sour ones, but these certainly aren't bad. A few of the gummy ones also have a squidgy filling inside, so there's enough different flavours and textures to be getting on with. These may not be the most original sweets out there, but they're certainly worth a go.

My rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment