Monday 28 April 2014

Today's Review: McCain Roasted Garlic Wedges


Last month I reviewed McCain's Special Roast Potatoes, and was quite surprised by them despite my preconceptions about frozen foods. So when McCain contacted me again and asked if I'd like to review their new garlic wedges, I had to say yes.

Of all the shapes that frozen potatoes come in, wedges is probably one of my least favourite (my favourite being curly, then criss cross). But, since these have some garlic thrown in, I thought they were worth a go, because garlic just makes things better, as long as it's not too much.


Thankfully, there's not too much. These wedges are light and fluffy on the inside, while nice and crunchy on the outside (provided you've cooked them long enough). There's certainly a nice garlic flavour throughout, but it did get overwhelmed at times by the potato. These could do with being a little stronger, but at least I didn't finish my meal paranoid that I had bad breath. These wedges are certainly an improvement over the regular plain ones. If you're a fan of garlic, you should probably give these a go. The flavour may not be that strong, but these wedges are still very tasty.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment