Wednesday 9 April 2014

Today's Review: Tesco Raisin Brioche Swirls


Although I love all kinds of French pastries, I've never really tried brioche. The one or two times I have. I've found it to be quite heavy and stodgy, so I've passed up on it since. I was tempted to try again with these new Tesco brioche swirls, embedded with raisins. I love me a good pain aux raisin, so I was willing to give these a try.

Once again, I found the pastry itself wasn't particularly great. It's extremely soft, but very filling and quite stodgy. Thankfully there's a nice smattering of raisins throughout, and this provides some juicy relief. The swirls do taste good, nice and buttery and fruity, but the texture was a bit too much for me, leaving me feeling quite full after just one. If you like your brioche, these will probably be great for you. But while they did make me appreciate it a little more, I don't think I'll be going out of my way to get them again.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment