Friday 11 April 2014

Today's Review: Tesco Sugar Waffle


I can't say I eat waffles very much, but they're always nice for a breakfast or dessert treat. Now Tesco have brought out these individual sugar waffles. I know that waffles normally have sugar in, but this one has even more, in the form of sugar chunks spread throughout the dough. So sweetness is expected, but is it sweet enough?

Well, it's easy to see why these waffles are individually packaged. This waffle is pretty large, and very thick too. As such it is a little stodgy, but the sugar pieces do offset that a little, adding some nice crunchy, sweet pieces in every bite. However, it doesn't really do enough. The dough itself is quite flaky and dry, and although I know waffles should never be eaten dry, even with syrup it just seemed a bit too stodgy for my liking. This waffle isn't awful, but I didn't particularly enjoy it. I think I'll stick with regular thin waffles in the future.  

My rating: 2/5



No comments:

Post a Comment