Friday 16 May 2014

Today's Review: Carling Cherry Cider


On the rare occasion that I grab a casual drink, cider is my tipple of choice. Thankfully, there are a number of interesting fruity flavours available, and I enjoy pretty much all of them. Following in the footsteps of Stella Artois, Carling have brought out their own cider, and while I wasn't particularly interested in their generic apple flavour, today I found this cherry variety which really caught my eye. I don't think I've ever had cherry cider before, and at £1 a bottle I couldn't say no.

This certainly is a lovely drink. The cherry flavour is nice and bold, and it's as good as any Kopparberg I've had before. It pretty much tastes like an alcoholic Cherry 7-Up, and everyone knows that Cherry 7-Up is divine. I had no problem polishing off this bottle pretty quickly, and if I need to grab a drink in the future, I would probably seek this one out again. A simple flavour, but done very well.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment