Saturday 28 June 2014

Today's Review: 4-Ply Toilet Paper

I went shopping at Lidl the other day, and among the bargains I picked up was a ten pack of 4-ply toilet paper for less than the price of the regular cheap 2-ply 9-pack I pick up from Tesco. How could I say no to that? Now, it's been a while since I've tried anything other than 2-ply, and I've learned how to get by. 2-ply is fine, it does the job. I thought anything more was reserved for the upper echelon of society who can just throw money away willy nilly on thicker paper. But now I am part of that elite, and I don't want to go back.

4-ply toilet paper is nice. It's thick, it's soft. They use those extra layers to pockmark little patterns into each sheet, and that's charming. Now I know what I was missing all those years while the Andrex puppy playfully unrolled all the toilet paper, and I just thought "Christ, that's a waste". I imagined rich earls and barons wiping themselves with something akin to carpet, but it's certainly not that extravagant. It's just nice, and extremely affordable if you know where to look. Now I've gone 4-ply, I don't want to go back. I still don't get that whole shea butter thing other brands have got going on though.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment