Monday 9 June 2014

Today's Review: Snyder's Jalapeño Pretzel Pieces


Pretzels are a nice little snack, but there aren't too many varieties available over here, especially of the hard variety. Sure, we have Penn State, but they only come in a few flavours. Thankfully, I picked up these Pretzel Pieces from the import section of a local Tesco, and for only £1.50. They're also available in honey mustard flavour, but I was definitely more interested in jalapeño. 

So why pretzel pieces, instead of entire pretzels? I don't know, but these pieces are pretty awesome. They range from tiny specks to massive chunks, but each one is distinctly crunchy, with a great texture. I was worried that the salty pretzel taste may win out over any spiciness, but this bag packs a whole lot of flavour. Each mouthful was spicy, and the flavour lasted long after I'd devoured the bag. These pretzel pieces are delicious, and are much more chunky, flavoursome and satisfying than your regular spicy chips. You get a lot in the bag too, so I think it was probably worth the inflated import price for once. I'll definitely be picking up some more bags in the future.

My rating: 5/5

2 comments:

  1. The honey mustard is better - that tingly heat with the sweetness of honey then the intense pretzel savour is a winning combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up eating these, and now there are a large number of flavors, form savory to sweet, but the buffalo flavor remains my favorite.

    ReplyDelete