Sunday 6 July 2014

Today's Review: Pizza Hut's BBQ Pork Feast


I'm always happy when a new pizza topping comes around, and Pizza Hut certainly caught my eye by offering BBQ pulled pork, which is a favourite of mine, and probably everyone else. Of course, you can add this as a topping on a Create Your Own pizza, but I decided to trust the experts and go with one of the two pre-topped pizzas that coincide with this topping launch. I could choose the BBQ Pork Deluxe, with pepperoni and onions, of the BBQ Pork Feast, which includes spicy minced pork and beef. The choice was obvious, and soon my meat laden, BBQ pizza was on my lap.

Well, I say meat laden, but they certainly didn't go over the top with the toppings. Sure, there was meaty goodness in every bite, but it was mostly in the form of the lesser spicy beef and pork, which weren't overly spicy anyway. I came for the pulled pork, and while there was some there, it certainly wasn't on every slice. You can see in the picture, in fact, that two or three slices were completely devoid of it. Still, there was a generous deposit at 10 o'clock that I had a nibble of to get a taste of just this ingredient, and I must say I was very impressed. The pork is soft and succulent, steeped in BBQ sauce to give a great smokey flavour. It actually works very well in combination with the other toppings too, especially with the BBQ sauce covered pizza base. But, since my topping was spread so unevenly, my joy didn't last for long. The pulled pork certainly is nice, but there just wasn't enough of it to wow me. Perhaps the pizza overlords will be more generous with me next time.

My rating: 3/5



No comments:

Post a Comment