Monday 7 July 2014

Today's Review: Tesco Finest Coffee & Toffee Mocha Desserts


I'm not normally a fan of coffee flavoured sweets or desserts. There's often this bitter artificial coffee flavour that takes over everything else and leaves me wishing I'd chosen chocolate. But I thought I'd give it another go when I saw these Tesco Finest desserts, which offer coffee, toffee and chocolate, all in one nice little cup. I'm not sure why it's got a handle on it, am I supposed to melt it and drink it? Or is it just to emulate the coffee experience while you dig it out with a spoon? 

As you can see, there are a lot of layers in this little dessert. There's a crumbly chocolate base, a coffee mousse, toffee sauce, and chocolate, all topped with chocolate shavings. Each layer is delicious, and they all work really well with each other. What's most surprising is that the coffee layer, while being quite thick, really doesn't have an overpowering flavour. There's certainly a hint of coffee, but it just blends in well with all the other flavours, and this mousse layer is nice and creamy to boot. Every spoonful of this was a delight, it's like a mini toffee coffee cheesecake, and I'd recommend you try it even if you don't normally like your coffee based desserts. 

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment