Saturday 13 September 2014

Today's Review: Battery Covers

So many things use batteries nowadays, it's hard to keep track. Sure, most of the up to date, high intensity stuff have rechargeable batteries locked away inside, but there's still room for some old school letter-denotes-size, spring loaded blocks of power. Just pop in some fresh batteries, and when they're spent, replace them with some new ones. On most devices they're easily accessible, but one thing stands in your way. The battery cover.

It may seem like a bit of an inconvenience, especially if it's screwed on, but a battery cover does a lot more good than harm. My optical mouse is a good example of this. The battery cover had popped off and disappeared, so I was left with my single AA continuously popping out of its designated position, and throwing me off my web browsing and such. Nut lo and behold, I found the cover behind the sofa, and now my browsing is uninterrupted, my battery firmly in place betwixt spring and metal. Battery covers are great, they keep batteries in place, some even have the connectors attached, so they're even more essential. But best of all, they make sure the aesthetic of a product isn't broken, exposing ugly batteries inside an indentation. Battery covers make all our lives better, even if we have to break out the screwdrivers or chip our nails once in a while.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment