Saturday 27 September 2014

Today's Review: Coca-Cola Life



I tried this new Coke a while ago, and it seems quite unlike me that I haven't reviewed it yet, seeing as I'm pretty fond of new Coke flavours. There didn't seem to be as big a fanfare around its release as there was when Coke Zero came out, so what is the deal with this strange green variety? Well, this Coke is flavoured with stevia, the miracle sweetener that everyone seems to be going crazy for nowadays. Not that the use of stevia has cut the sugar in the Coke right down. But there's 37% less sugar than normal, so that should please those looking to cut down on calories, who also believe that artificial sweeteners are out to murder us all (for those who can't detect my sarcasm, I'm fine downing the diet Coke varieties).

While I don't quite see the point in an intermediary Coke, I must say they've actually pulled this one off quite well. It tastes pretty much like the original recipe, and the reduction in sugar is certainly nothing to sniff at. It's as sweet as ever, but loses that signature gritty teeth feeling you get after drinking too much regular Coke. It's a healthier version that doesn't really detract from the experience, and while there's still a bit too much sugar for my liking, this is certainly a step in the right direction. If you're a die hard fan of the red can, Coca-Cola Life is still a good investment.

My rating: 4/5

3 comments:

  1. i don't know if it's just me but i found this cola to be less fizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I did have a bottle yesterday, and it seemed much less fizzy than the cans.

      Delete
  2. I agree, a step in the right direction, but I don't know why they can't just do one with all stevia and no sugar. Tesco managed to make milk chocolate with just stevia and no sugar.

    ReplyDelete