Tuesday 7 October 2014

Today's Review: Lemonheads



In the wake of my Boston Baked Beans review the other day, I present another candy by the same guys. These are Lemonheads, a collection of spherical lemon flavoured candies. They're pretty much the same as Boston Baked Beans, but instead of peanuts, there's just more candy. Well, I do like a bit of bitterness at times, so these were a must buy, again priced at 50p.

On the whole, these are indeed quite lemony. There's a bold, bitter flavour throughout that I could certainly get on board with. The only problem is I wasn't sure how to go about eating them. Do I suck, or chew? You see, the outer layer is quite soft, and somewhat powdery, suggesting these candies are made to bite right through. But upon doing so, my teeth quickly struck the solid interior, forcing me to change my strategy and switch to sucking. by the end of the box I was quite adept at biting off the outer layer and swallowing it before working on the inside, but overall it was quite an awkward eating experience. About as awkward as it was writing that last paragraph without sounding dirty.

These candies have a nice flavour, but the differing textures just got in the way of it. There are better lemon sweets out there, but for 50p a box of these aren't bad. I wouldn't go out of my way to get one though.

My rating: 3/5

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful article

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this article. Very detailed, I came here looking for a suggestion as to how I eat a lemon head, and to my pleasant surprise , I found a lot more. Thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good article, great flavor.

    ReplyDelete