Friday 14 November 2014

Today's Review: Peanut Yorkie


The Yorkie bar is a classic, and the raisin and biscuit variety is among my favourite chocolate bars. So I was quite intrigued to find that a peanut flavour was available. Despite not liking peanuts for a large portion of my life, I have come to truly love them over the last few years. So the idea of peanuts embedded in Yorkie chocolate was definitely tempting.

This bar follows true Yorkie fashion, the chocolate is nice and chunky, and it's laden with peanuts, making for quite a flavoursome bar. The saltiness and texture of the nuts goes well with the sweet, creamy chocolate, but I did find that with so many peanuts throughout the whole experience was a little dry. Perhaps with some added caramel, or even peanut butter, this could have been a clear winner. Still, this is a nice new variety for a bar that's remained pretty unchanged for a while, so I suggest you grab one as soon as possible. It may not be as good as the other flavours, but it's still good.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment