Sunday 2 November 2014

Today's Review: Tesco Finest Jalapeño & Cheese Tortilla Chips



After reviewing the beef burrito tortilla chips last week, I went back to Tesco intent on grabbing another flavour. I went for something a little more conventional this time, even in shape. These are jalapeño and cheese chips, nothing special, right? Well, they are Finest, so they must be made from some quality ingredients.

Well, yes, these are certainly some well made chips. Almost all of them were still intact, and that's because they're nice and thick, with a very satisfying crunch. The cheese flavour is pretty damn nice, I guess I'd compare it to cheese Doritos, except, I don't know, less powdery I guess. It's a bold, cheesy taste, that is supported by an underlying hint of spicy jalapeño. This is where these chips fell kind of flat for me, the spiciness is not very prominent. Sure, things warm up after a few mouthfuls, but I was expecting a little bit more, and was mostly met with the cheesiness. Not that I mind too much, it's a nice cheese experience, but I get the feeling these could have been much nicer with a bit more jalapeño. 

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment