Thursday 20 November 2014

Today's Review: Werther's Original Sugar Free Caramelised Apple



I picked up this little box the other week, and although the prospect of apple flavoured Werther's Original was quite exciting, I certainly didn't get my hopes up much, due to the fact that they're sugar free. How, after all, can you have a caramelised apple flavour with nothing to caramelise?

Well, I don't know how, but they actually pulled it off. The distinct, buttery taste of Werther's Original is still intact, and there's a lovely, sweet hint of apple that really brings some new life to a classic sweet. Sure, it's not perfect, these do begin to taste a little bit artificial the more they wear down in the mouth, but they're definitely tasty. I think the main thing is that the butter is definitely present, and since that's sugar free anyway it makes for pretty smooth eating. The apple is just an added bonus that is a nice touch, and while I probably would've had a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth if I downed the entire pack at once, I certainly enjoyed making my way through it over a few days.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment