Thursday 11 December 2014

Today's Review: Chocolate Orange Digestives


They're back! Although I don't know where they've been, or when they were around before. This is the first time I've tried them, but I certainly wish I had before. It's a simple twist on the classic chocolate digestives, and I always welcome a bit of orange with my chocolate. After all, 'tis the season, and orange chocolate is apparently a festive thing. So let's tuck in.

There's not too much to say about these, but it's all good stuff. You have the buttery biscuit base, the classic, crumbly, awesome tasting digestive biscuit. Layered on top is the smooth milk chocolate, just enough to add a lovely creamy texture and take away from the potential dryness of the biscuit. The orange hint dwells within the chocolate, but appears to reside throughout. It's a smooth orange taste, not too tart or too strong, and it lasts until the very last crumb. I always preferred the chocolate digestives over the dry versions, but these certainly surpass the ordinary chocolate ones. I hope they stick around, because they're damn tasty.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment