Thursday 4 December 2014

Today's Review: Lindt Creation Chocolate Cake


I don't normally pick up Lindt chocolate, but I'm always glad when I do. They do some damn tasty chocolate, and when there's truffle involved as well it's just heavenly. So it only took one look at this bar to make me grab it. Lindt chocolate, truffle and chocolate cake? Sign me up.



So let's break this down. The outer layer is the good old fashioned Lindt milk chocolate. Creamy, delicious, if you've had Lindt before you know how it is. It's quite a thick layer, so there's enough milk chocolate to keep the whole bar quite a light affair. Underneath is the dark chocolate truffle. It's soft, almost sauce-like. The best thing I can compare it to is the topping of your regular chocolate fudge cake, but with a darker flavour. There isn't too much of it inside, but it still adds a very bold, dark flavour, and did actually get a little sickly after a while.

As for the "melting heart" that the packaging promises? Well, I certainly didn't see any hearts in there, and I can only make the assumption that the truffle and the heart are one of the same. I also can't see how this is a chocolate cake flavoured bar, because there isn't any hint of cake in there at all. Chocolate filled with dark chocolate does not a cake make, where's the doughy goodness? Not even a few chunks. All we have is a chocolate bar with a chocolate filling. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad bar, but it's not what I was expecting when I picked it up. It's just a thick, somewhat sickly bar, and there are certainly better Lindt Creations out there. This is an alright choice if you like dark chocolate truffles, but it's not quite for me.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment