Wednesday 17 December 2014

Today's Review: Twizzlers Filled Twists Sweet & Sour


I've tried Twizzlers before, and I was actually pretty disappointed. There was just something about them that didn't appeal to me, and I believe it's that they were quite dry and chewy. But, I decided to try them again when I found this interesting variety. While the original Twizzlers are regular old strawberry, these ones come in both citrus and cherry flavours. If that wasn't enough, these ones also have a tangy filling in the middle, so I was hoping these would blow those boring normal ones out of the water.

The sweet and sour factor is a good idea, and these are some very nice flavours to go with. The cherry is bold, dark and fruity, and the citrus certainly has a very nice tang to it. Unfortunately, the liquorice did seem to suffer a bit, becoming a little bitter as I chewed, most likely the natural flavourings giving way to the artificial ones. However, to save me disappointment, the filling gave a nice little kick. An extra bit of tangy goodness that provided a little bit of moisture to facilitate chewing.The result was a very fruity sweet with a nice tart filling. I certainly enjoyed them a lot more than the regular Twizzlers, and while they may not be perfect, they're certainly tasty.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment