Monday 16 March 2015

Today's Review: Tesco Finest Ginger & Bird's Eye Chilli Crisps


I'm always happy to see a new feature flavour in the Tesco Finest crisp selection. There have been some interesting ones in the past, but this one in particular caught my eye, as it tickled my fancy for anything spicy. Now, bird's eye chillies may not be the hottest around, but they still pack a punch. However, these ones are paired with ginger, which certainly got my taste buds tingling for a nice hot experience.

That's certainly what I got. The ginger is the prominent flavour here, and it actually works pretty well in crisp form. The flavour is bold and sweet, with a heat that kicks in from the beginning, and the chilli lends some support to build up the spiciness to a satisfying crescendo. It's not just a spicy heat, it's one that warmed my taste buds through and through, and while these crisps didn't blow my head off, the heat freak within me was certainly satisfied. These crisps have a great combination of spices and flavours, and are well worth picking up while they're on the shelves.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment