Sunday 5 April 2015

Today's Review: Cheetos Mexican Flamin' Hot


If there's one snack food I ask my parents to bring me back from Oman, it's Cheetos. Specifically any of the Crunchy variety. Be they regular, Flamin' Hot or Cheddar Jalapeño, I love them all. So I was pleased to find my mother had found a new variety of crunchy goodness in the form of these Mexican Flamin' Hot Cheetos. I thought for a second that these may be a rebranding of the Cheddar Jalapeño, but in fact they're pretty different.

These follow the same formula as the other Crunchy Cheeto flavours, big sticks of crunchy goodness, much like giant Nik Naks, but dangerously cheesy. The cheese taste is as bold and flavoursome as ever, it certainly lives up to the Cheetos name. As for the spice, well, I was slightly disappointed. After the intense heat of the regular Flamin' Hot Cheetos, this somewhat pales in comparison. Not that there isn't some spice in here, it's just a slow burning one that takes a while to invade your tastebuds. It's a nice heat that lingers for a while after eating, but it's not quite as strong as I'd have hoped. Still, these are nice crunchy, cheesy crisps that will certainly satisfy those looking for a milder spice.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment