Monday 20 April 2015

Today's Review: Belvita Breakfast Tops


I was recently offered a sample of these new Belvita Breakfast Tops to review, I've seen them in the shops but hadn't yet taken the plunge, so I was happy for an excuse to try them out. I seem to have gotten into the habit of skipping breakfast lately, but I was willing to make an exception for these. I've dabbled in breakfast biscuits before, and found the Belvita ones to be pretty damn good. These are basically the same thing, but with an added layer of goodness on top. You can choose from strawberry or chocolate hazelnut, and to be honest I couldn't decide which one I wanted to try out more.

The biscuits in both boxes are top notch. Lovely, crunchy, oaty biscuits that don't seem that much to look at but are certainly filling. They have a lovely texture and a great flavour packed full of different grains. Three biscuits is certainly enough to keep me going until lunch. But that's not the best part of these biscuits. The toppings are a welcome addition, and very well done. The chocolate hazelnut has a nice layer of pretty much Nutella like hazelnut goodness, not too hard, and not too gooey, just a soft chocolatey, nutty layer that complements the biscuit very well. I wasn't too sure about the strawberry topping, but I must say that's delicious too. It's a very sweet, jam like layer, and eaten with the biscuit it tastes very close to a jam tart. But this biscuit tastes cleaner, and more filling, giving a fantastic fruity kick to an already tasty biscuit.

I really enjoyed these Tops biscuits. If I were to go back into the breakfast biscuit business, I'd definitely be picking these up over the regular, non-topped flavours. If you're looking for a quick, filling breakfast, go pick up some of these.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment