Thursday 9 April 2015

Today's Review: Cadbury Dairy Milk Puddles: Smooth Hazelnut



I'm always glad to see a new Cadbury product, and thankfully they're damn good at churning them out. This Puddles bar is an interesting addition, it's like a regular Dairy Milk bar, but with raised, filled "puddles" of chocolate throughout.


Well, it certainly looks pretty nice, but it's what's inside that counts. These bars come in either mint or hazelnut flavour, and since I don't get on too well with mint chocolate, I opted for the latter. The flat part of the bar is your standard Dairy Milk, as good as ever, but a little on the thin side. The puddles themselves are pretty nice and big, and each one contains a good amount of filling. The packet states that it's "smooth hazelnut", so I was hoping for a praline like texture, but in reality it's a little syrupy, similar in consistency to chocolate sauce. It does have a bold, hazelnut flavour, and balanced with the rest of the bar there's a good chocolate to filling ratio. It makes for a pretty nice bar, although I can't shake the feeling that it would be better if the texture of the hazelnut filling was different. In its current state it tastes a little bit sickly. Still, this is worth picking up, it certainly didn't last long after I opened it.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment: