Sunday 12 April 2015

Today's Review: Cadbury Dairy Milk Puddles: Smooth Mint


Despite not being a fan of mint chocolate, I decided to go ahead and pick up the other variety of Puddles bar after I reviewed the hazelnut filled one the other day. This bar follows the same drill. It's a nice slab of Dairy Milk chocolate, within which are several raised "puddles" with a mint flavoured filling. 

When I say I don't like mint chocolate, I mean it. I've politely endured many a post dinner After Eight, in my mind there's no such thing as a green Aero. But I must say, I really like this bar. The smooth, gooey innards may not have been the best consistency for the hazelnut filling, but it really works well with the mint, making for a lovely creamy, minty texture that blends in well with the chocolate. I was expecting the mintiness to overpower everything else, but the classic, awesome Dairy Milk taste holds its own, and it all works together to give a lovely mint chocolate experience. I found myself devouring the bar pretty quickly, and for someone with such big misgivings, that's certainly a compliment. It's certainly not going to be my first choice when selecting a Dairy Milk bar, but this Puddles variety sets out to deliver a mint chocolate experience, and it does it very well. So give it a go.

My rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this - I imagine it's a bit like the Australian version Dairy Milk bar they've got filled with a mint filling that looks a bit like this, which I loved!

    ReplyDelete